Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Art and its Healing Powers

Let me introduce my self to you, My Name is Donna Panetta (Rice ,my know married name). I just got married for the second time in March, but have not had enough time to change my last name as of yet. I started to draw about 6 years ago, never done it before. I started with charcoal pencils then moved on to pastels. I draw from my own mind not what I see around me. I started to show them to people and they liked they so I started to give them away. I give them to friends, relatives, I donated some to an auction at the school that I attended, for children who were taken from their parents or lost their parents. I have sold some but it is not the same as giving them away. I love to give them to people who will appreciate them. I was under a lot of stress when I first took to art, I was going through a Divorce and have 2 children from that marriage. I had to go back to school to get some sort of education so I could get a job and believe me it was not that easy being married for 13 years and a stay home mom was hard. But I did it I completed my schooling and was 3.89 student. I got my certificates in the Hospitality and Travel business. My art got me thought a lot of this time, I had no family around and was on my own,
I worked 2 jobs while going through school. didn't get to see my children a whole lot due to the fact I was renting a room, and the ex-husband was living on his parents property with the children. I am blessed because I have my children living with me know. I did looses 3 year of their growing up, but I knew that I would be with them again. I know have a wonderful husband, who has been my biggest supporter. I also just recently lost the Job at the Travel Company that I worked for 4 years. But I know that things get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment